ss_blog_claim=9e907f8064397ec2fdcc42d72091003d ss_blog_claim=9e907f8064397ec2fdcc42d72091003d
Welcome

For The Love Of Catsup/Ketchup

I'm definitely a catsup (or ketchup - whatever!) lover. I have it on my pizza, fries, hamburger, fried eggs, etc. Unhealthy, huh? Of course, I don't eat these types of crap everyday of my life. But whenever I get the chance to have them on a meal or snacks, I enjoy them more with catsup.

Unfortunately, catsup is not recommended to people suffering from heart disease or high blood pressure as it contains very high amounts of Sodium. Although sodium has a very important role in maintaining the right balance of fluids in the body, too much sodium intake may lead to increased blood pressure. Catsup also contains a large amount of calories which are mainly derived from sugar making it not advisable to people on a diet.

Well, let's not talk about the negative side of it anymore. The good thing is, catsup does not contain much saturated fat and cholesterol. As catsups are made mostly of tomatoes, it is also a good source of Vitamins A, C, B6, folate and naiacin. As of the latest studies, catsup is rich in lycopene, an powerful antioxidant derived from tomatoes. As we all know, antioxidants have a big role in preventing cancer and premature aging as it fights free radicals that interfere with the normal activities of the cell.

So, there you are - the pros and cons of catsups. As for me, I'll just think about the benefits I can get from it since I find it impossible to stop myself from having catsup in my meals.

Business Affiliate ProgramsDiscountsPersonalsAdvertisingShopping