ss_blog_claim=9e907f8064397ec2fdcc42d72091003d ss_blog_claim=9e907f8064397ec2fdcc42d72091003d
Welcome

My Favourite Diggi-Loo Diggi-Ley!

I started embracing little by little every single detail about Sweden since the day I set foot on this wonderful country.

I of course started getting used to the cold weather, the food, the people, culture and many more. One thing I really fell in love with are the Swedish shows. My favourite so far is "Melodifestivalen" which means The Melody Festival in English. It's an annual battle of song writers and performing artists which began in 1959. Whoever wins in this contest will represent Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest (an annual musical competition participated by active member countries of the European Broadcasting Union).

My favourite so far is the Herrey's Diggi-Loo Diggi Ley which won them first place in Melodifestivalen in 1984. Herrey's, a trio of brothers which is composed of Per Herrey, Louis Herrey and Richard Herrey who represented Sweden in the 1984 Eurovision Song Contest brought home the bacon after the festival.

When I first heard the song, I fell in love with it at once even if I couldn't understand yet what the lyrics were all about (as it was written in Swedish). I got along with the beat, the dance steps and the performance. I later on learned the Swedish language and forced myself to learn the song's lyrics - and realized how meaningful the song is. Anyway, here's a video if in case you are wondering what I am talking about:



Here's what the song's all about (quoted from Wikipedia):

"The song itself deals with the lead singer discovering a pair of golden shoes in the street one day. He puts them on and immediately feels like dancing in the street, entering a "magical world". Thus, he wishes for everyone to have a pair.

The English translation, released some time after the Contest, took much the same theme, titling the song "Golden Shoes"."

It's really an entertaining song which is still popular after many years. As a matter of fact, sometime in 2007, a group of brothers who loves the song so much copied the performance of the Herrey's. Here's the "younger" version of the Herrey brothers and yup... with the same dance steps:



It's truly lovely!
Photobucket

Business Affiliate ProgramsDiscountsPersonalsAdvertisingShopping